Last Shout - Posted by: rleete - Saturday, 13 May 2017 01:05
Emrys was already older than dirt when Squad Leader came out.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2017, 05:41:07 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: HTTPS Secure access now enabled.  https://dosomefink.com

+  DoSomefink.com
|-+  Son of The General Forum
| |-+  General Jr.
| | |-+  The random crap thread, ever on-going.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The random crap thread, ever on-going.  (Read 150399 times)
Soddball
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: March 18, 2017, 03:51:39 AM »

Sorry to hear about your mum, I hope she's OK. 

On another note, I was thinking the other day about the best mechanism for terraforming Mars, and I've come to the conclusion that finding roughly mile-wide balls of ice in the Oort Cloud and lobbing them at Mars would be the most efficient method of delivering large amounts of water and atmosphere, and also breaking up the crust to encourage vulcanism.
Rother
Opening Day Veteran
Knight of Ni

I'd like to do it to your daughter on a dirt road.

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 18, 2017, 05:23:24 AM »

What are your plans for a magnetic field?

If he didn't live in an icebox, I'd think he's the smartest guy here. -Seminole
Soddball
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 18, 2017, 11:50:35 PM »

One step at a time.  tongue
rleete
Opening Day Veteran
Global Moderator
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 11, 2017, 09:42:56 AM »

I has a sad.

My kitty has ben missing for a couple of days now.  Wife & son put up posters as well as searched the neighborhood, but no sign of him at all. 

I'm still only here to stalk Gyrene
Lars
Master Blaster

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 11, 2017, 06:16:19 PM »

One of ours did that. Neighbors up the street found it a week later. Check down by the lake or nearest heavy cover.

"From getting rid of Saddam, to reducing violence, to stabilizing the country, to facilitating elections -- you have given Iraq the opportunity to stand on its own as a democratic country. That is an extraordinary achievement." - B. Obama
Elmar Bijlsma
Keeper Of The Booty
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 11, 2017, 08:09:19 PM »

I has a sad.

My kitty has ben missing for a couple of days now.  Wife & son put up posters as well as searched the neighborhood, but no sign of him at all. 
Hope he turns up, rleete. Best of luck to your family with their search.

Ne Cede Malis
rleete
Opening Day Veteran
Global Moderator
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: April 13, 2017, 04:42:37 PM »

I regret to inform you that Gadget has been found, dead.  He was 3 houses away, in a small fenced area at the front of an empty house for sale.  There are no marks on his body indicating he was attacked by anything.  He may have been hit by a car, but I really canít tell.  He will be buried next to his brother, who died of acute kidney failure several years ago.

Hakko
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 13, 2017, 04:47:27 PM »

I regret to inform you that Gadget has been found, dead.  He was 3 houses away, in a small fenced area at the front of an empty house for sale.  There are no marks on his body indicating he was attacked by anything.  He may have been hit by a car, but I really canít tell.  He will be buried next to his brother, who died of acute kidney failure several years ago.

Sorry, Roger.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into. -- Jonathan Swift
Elmar Bijlsma
Keeper Of The Booty
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 13, 2017, 08:33:42 PM »

That sucks man.
The loss of a pet is one of those things you never get used to or adult out of.

Ne Cede Malis
rleete
Opening Day Veteran
Global Moderator
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 17, 2017, 03:07:48 PM »

Update: after talking to the vet, she said that it was very possible that Gadget suffered heart failure.  She was concerned at last visit (2 weeks ago) because of a pronounced heart murmur, and his age (~12 years).

Naturally, I have been missing my kitty.  The other guy we have is much more attached to my wife than me, and this weekend my wife suggested we might look into getting another rescue.  So, we spent Saturday morning searching the web and looking at the various cats available.  Being a holiday weekend, most places were not holding viewings, but one place close to us was.  Since we had to contact the vet to tell her about our loss, we decided to stop in because it was close by.

We get there, and they have a grand total of 4(!) cats. 2 were very battle scared feral rescues (both missing ears, one half blind), and not very friendly.  Neither would respond to petting/scratching more than just tolerating it.  One was scared to death, hiding under the bedding and visibly shaking.

But the fourth guy was a treasure.  Big tabby, super affectionate; couldn't get enough attention.  Tried to climb into my arms when the door was opened so I could pet him.  Obviously a good candidate.

Then the church lady says that because our other cat is indoor/outdoor, we would be refused.  But fill out an application online.  For what? So you can get all smug and self righteous about turning us down?  What the hell is it with these people that they think a prison is a better life than being able to go in and out as they please?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 03:09:31 PM by rleete » Logged

Lars
Master Blaster

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: April 17, 2017, 08:11:17 PM »

After she turns you down, tell her you decided to go with a puppy mill instead.

"From getting rid of Saddam, to reducing violence, to stabilizing the country, to facilitating elections -- you have given Iraq the opportunity to stand on its own as a democratic country. That is an extraordinary achievement." - B. Obama
rleete
Opening Day Veteran
Global Moderator
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 18, 2017, 06:18:07 AM »

We're going back to the place I got my first cat from almost 30 years ago.

Appointment to see all the cats at 3 PM today.  Hopefully, we will bring one home with us.

Elmar Bijlsma
Keeper Of The Booty
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 18, 2017, 01:37:02 PM »

What a strange attitude for an animal shelter to have unless they really think the cat in question is an indoor cat that won't be able to adapt to being let outside. But in that case give a firm "no".

I feel guilty about suggesting it as there are no doubt many cats awaiting rescue, but have you thought about getting a kitten? Kittens are just so goddamn adorable. At least that way if you end up with a bastard of a cat, it is on you. *looks lovingly at his pet psychopath*
And you get to have more time with the evil little fuckers.

Ne Cede Malis
rleete
Opening Day Veteran
Global Moderator
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 18, 2017, 02:17:42 PM »

In a strange twist, the facebook page we joined for help locating our lost cat had a post about a found cat.  Seems said cat was chipped, so they contacted the owners.  Who, apparently, just dumped the poor guy and don't want him back.

I stepped up and said I'd take him.  He has to be tested (FIV) and get booster shots before they'll let us have him.  But it looks like unless there are some unforeseen circumstances, he'll be our new kitty tomorrow.

And, in a case of instant karma, as I was emailing the new rescue group to work out the details, indoor only place called me, and I was more than happy to tell them to get lost.

rleete
Opening Day Veteran
Global Moderator
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 20, 2017, 11:26:30 AM »

This is Antin.  Antin means gold, in Turkish.  He's a big one tipping the scales just over 17 pounds.  He's also completely laid back.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length