Last Shout - Posted by: Rother - Thursday, 08 June 2017 08:01
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but please close the door to your hotel room first.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2017, 06:51:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: HTTPS Secure access now enabled.  https://dosomefink.com

+  DoSomefink.com
|-+  Games
| |-+  Games Corner
| | |-+  Too much to play
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Too much to play  (Read 2644 times)
Lars
Master Blaster

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2017, 12:02:59 PM »

Berli had some of that stuff. Actually, Berli had a lot of stuff. Miniatures galore.

Get a hold of dalem, you might score a deal. All proceeds to a Marine charity.

"From getting rid of Saddam, to reducing violence, to stabilizing the country, to facilitating elections -- you have given Iraq the opportunity to stand on its own as a democratic country. That is an extraordinary achievement." - B. Obama
dalem
High Priest of Jamoomba

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2017, 07:36:25 PM »

Maybe I'll post a picture...
Wolfpack
High Priest of Jamoomba

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2017, 07:53:54 PM »

Well, add Avorion to my list.  Loving it, even if my glorious starship designs are a bit substandard.  I love being able to construct a small fleet to tag along with me and do some of the more mundane work, even if there are some definite issues with the AI pathfinding and such.
Seminole
Master Blaster

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2017, 07:46:16 PM »

Maybe I'll post a picture...

I tried to cut n paste the Facebook link, but it didn't work.
Is it just Star Wars models, or did have have x-wing game miniatures?
I only have the starter kit and a TIE interceptor, so I'll buy all of'em if it's the latter.
Wolfpack
High Priest of Jamoomba

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2017, 08:33:31 PM »

Here's my next big time sink, coming to beta in June.  Nothing like turn based Mech combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI
Elmar Bijlsma
Keeper Of The Booty
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2017, 03:31:16 AM »

For a moment there I thought it was the return of Mechwarrior Tactics game, which reminds me to hold on to my money until they are finished. Though these guys have quite the trackrecord behind them, looking at the kickstarter. But Naval Action soured me on Early Access, even on stuff that looks really, really tempting.

But this looks good and there apparently is a single player campaign. Less of a boardgame feel as the MW Tactics game, more to scale. I like that.

Ne Cede Malis
Wolfpack
High Priest of Jamoomba

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2017, 05:02:44 AM »

I'm a sucker for Battletech.  Mechwarrior Tactics went all kinds of weird when they tried to make it a card collection game...that was just a dumb move, and the only reason they did it was to try and milk money out of folks.  Glad that idea went tits up, though I wish they'd gotten a lot fewer people's money before it did.  Like you said, this has a couple things going for it.  First, it's a single player game campaign first, which I prefer over the multiplayer with some crappy single player addon tacked on.  Second, it's set in 3025, so no freaking Clans yet.

I remember a few battles playing P&P that had things like that zombie Panther, that was kind of hilarious.
Runyan99
Hoopy Frood

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2017, 07:17:37 AM »

Even though I know I don't like RTS, I am getting suckered into buying Steel Division '44, in the hopes that I can play some small battles. Anyone else trying it?
Elmar Bijlsma
Keeper Of The Booty
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2017, 07:49:09 AM »

Oh, release on 23rd of May.
Seen some gameplay that looked decent enough. Unsure about single player (campaign?) content. These days what tolerance I have for dealing with other people leaves me after a few otherwise fun rounds in World of Warships. Mostly looking for games that let me have my safe space.

Ne Cede Malis
Runyan99
Hoopy Frood

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2017, 09:26:42 AM »

Looking forward to the full release so I can play the tutorial and the campaign.

Will probably play this mostly offline, unless I get a lot better at it, so I can slow it down. Main problem I see with the online play is they just give you too many units, and you can't keep track of it all.

I am a bit annoyed that the Germans can use so many planes in every game.
Elmar Bijlsma
Keeper Of The Booty
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2017, 08:22:25 AM »

Gwent went open beta.
It is exactly as I feared, they increased how complicated it was, losing the charm of the relative simplicity of the original game I so liked.
In Witcher 3 Gwent, you could foresee the moves of your opponent and fear the AI would play certain cards. Now there's so many abilities, traits and units that you canot anticipate what is about to happen next.
The basic game still seems decent, though connection troubles (not my end!) have discouraged me from playing too much. Most matches played against the AI challenges were nullified by losing connection at the end.

Quite disappointed.

Ne Cede Malis
Runyan99
Hoopy Frood

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2017, 06:13:40 AM »

I haven't tried the new changes yet. The last time I played, I got bored with the game because it was too straighforward. It appeared to me to be a game of "War", where the only thing to do was to put the most possible points in your deck, and then play whatever cards you drew.
Wolfpack
High Priest of Jamoomba

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2017, 10:47:36 AM »

Anyone tried Cold Waters yet?  I haven't played a modern sub sim since 688, and haven't played any sub sim since SH3.  This seems a bit on the light end, but apparently half of youtube is playing it.  Looks pretty decent.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length