Last Shout - Posted by: rleete - Sunday, 23 April 2017 14:28
Nothing better than a fresh cup of coffee Sunday morning.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2017, 09:00:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: HTTPS Secure access now enabled.  https://dosomefink.com

+  DoSomefink.com
|-+  Politics & World Affairs
| |-+  Politics & World Affairs
| | |-+  UK Politics thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK Politics thread  (Read 51776 times)
mididoctors
Opening Day Veteran
Hoopy Frood

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: April 18, 2017, 10:15:12 AM »

labour are a mess, makes sense politically. also there is a genuine issue of giving the negotiating gov a decent mandate for the negotiations. if its looking over its shoulder at domestic pressure it weakens it position. that can backfire thou.

its a horrible moment in British politics ... because in a sense we are being blackmailed.

the corbynites are not interested in winning (seriously) their plan is disruption of the political landscape which makes them bloody irresponsible IMO
Interesting take.
To me it is the very height of what politics should be. Frankly, I am a little jealous at the party politics going on. Unlike ours, your politicians are up for a fight.

Here's a a serving (if not elected) PM who basically invites the opposition to be judged for their opposition.

Fully agree on the the Corbynite wing of labour is behaving irresponsibly. They are delusional to think their 60s and 70s quasi-revolutionary ideals will still fly.

The Corbynites within Labour deserve an electoral thrashing just for being old fashioned Marxists. The remainder of Labour deserves an electoral thrashing because they could not rid themselves of the likes of Corbyn, Livingstone or Diane Abbott.
Ought such behaviour not be invited to be judged at the ballot box, preferably before it does irreparable harm to UK-EU relations? This process seems to do just that. Either tomorrow or at the ballot box in June, someone will be held to account. To me that is politics how it ought to be done.

dianne abbot is a really good mp.

people are going to rally behind the PM to Mthe UK great again. cos if they don't its a cluster fuck in trying to get a deal in europe.

every negotiating position May could bring up can get questoned untill she gets rubber stamped by the electorate, giving her a carte blanche not to telegraph her positions.

i can understand why she did it.

the only problem is it took so long to get here.

its lose lose because basically its an admission of the political chaos brewing uder the surface...

frankly?

we are coming apart at the seams.

"Oversimplifying greatly, it's as though the US borrowed a pile of money from China in order to fight a war to free up oil supply in Iraq in order that China could become the greatest industrial power the world has ever seen.."
mididoctors
Opening Day Veteran
Hoopy Frood

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 18, 2017, 10:20:45 AM »

she has to do it now... situation is forcing her hand

"Oversimplifying greatly, it's as though the US borrowed a pile of money from China in order to fight a war to free up oil supply in Iraq in order that China could become the greatest industrial power the world has ever seen.."
Soddball
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 18, 2017, 11:52:16 AM »

dianne abbot is a really good mp.

Words I never thought I would read.

Still, I suppose Hitler liked animals.

people are going to rally behind the PM to Mthe UK great again. cos if they don't its a cluster fuck in trying to get a deal in europe.

every negotiating position May could bring up can get questoned untill she gets rubber stamped by the electorate, giving her a carte blanche not to telegraph her positions.

i can understand why she did it.

the only problem is it took so long to get here.

its lose lose because basically its an admission of the political chaos brewing uder the surface...

What's wrong with political chaos?  You know what the worst kind of political system is?  One where all the politicians agree with each other. 

More chaos please, and more of 'the wrong' people making it to the top.

frankly?

we are coming apart at the seams.

You are.  I'm just dandy.  I'm sad that UKIP is going to lose more votes but if we leave the EU I consider UKIP's job done, so I can live with that.
mididoctors
Opening Day Veteran
Hoopy Frood

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 18, 2017, 03:13:29 PM »

she is my mp.

every issue i raised with her gets dealt with.

shes good... and i don't vote for her.

Hakko
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 21, 2017, 02:22:37 PM »

And, on a happier note: Happy birthday, Ma'am! One is 91 today.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into. -- Jonathan Swift
Seminole
Master Blaster

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 23, 2017, 04:16:53 PM »

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/4chan-user-leaked-british-election-news/
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length