Last Shout - Posted by: rleete - Sunday, 23 April 2017 14:28
Nothing better than a fresh cup of coffee Sunday morning.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2017, 09:01:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: HTTPS Secure access now enabled.  https://dosomefink.com

+  DoSomefink.com
|-+  Politics & World Affairs
| |-+  Politics & World Affairs
| | |-+  Over/Under on Impeachment
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Over/Under on Impeachment  (Read 1309 times)
bboyle
Opening Day Veteran
Loquitur Maximus

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2017, 07:59:27 PM »

Seems like we are getting close, no?

"BB is correct though. The vetting process has been very problematic."
Seminole
Master Blaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 08:42:50 PM »

Racist.
Runyan99
Hoopy Frood

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 08:52:56 PM »

What for?
Rother
Opening Day Veteran
Knight of Ni

I'd like to do it to your daughter on a dirt road.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 08:57:07 PM »

Islamaphobe!

If he didn't live in an icebox, I'd think he's the smartest guy here. -Seminole
mididoctors
Opening Day Veteran
Hoopy Frood

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 12:29:03 AM »

years ....fuck knows.

"Oversimplifying greatly, it's as though the US borrowed a pile of money from China in order to fight a war to free up oil supply in Iraq in order that China could become the greatest industrial power the world has ever seen.."
bboyle
Opening Day Veteran
Loquitur Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 06:23:21 AM »

My bet would be on the exact moment McConnell thinks Trump loses the GOP majority.

Seminole
Master Blaster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 06:57:52 AM »

If you're taking bets, I'll take the side that says no impeachment.

The idea that the GOP would start impeachment strikes me as particularly crazy.  Their own base would annihilate them faster than you can say Eric Cantor.  So from that perspective I get why you crave it, I just can't fathom why the GOP leadership would invite it.

Hakko
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 07:51:34 AM »

Shortly after Babs moves to Canada.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into. -- Jonathan Swift
bboyle
Opening Day Veteran
Loquitur Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 12:33:29 PM »

I must admit...I would greet a Pence presidency with a deep sigh of relief. I don't agree with him on much but I'm pretty sure he won't break NATO, fuck up the EU or collude with Putin. I'm easily satisfied.

Seminole
Master Blaster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 01:14:40 PM »

break NATO

When 23 of 28 members aren't bothering to meet the 2% thresh hold on defense spending how is that our fault?  It's already broke, what's wrong with acknowledging that?
Seriously, I'm supposed to care more about going into debt to fund their defense than they are?
Nice to see the dems are willing to carry water for the MIC whenever it looks like the GOP might stumble.

fuck up the EU

Worse than the last administration tried?
"Fuck the EU" - US assistant secretary of state Victoria Nuland way back in 2014...
But the Ukraine gambit worked out great, right?
Jeezus wept...

"collude with Putin"

FDR was willing to 'collude' with Stalin to deal with a common threat.  Do you think less of him for that, or for having his administration riddled with Stalin's spies?  Think of, Trump is accused of what FDR did, ready to take him off the dime?
dfgardner
Cobra Kai - No Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 01:25:08 PM »

The more appropriate question is the over under on Obama or Hillary doing the perp walk in the next four years.
mididoctors
Opening Day Veteran
Hoopy Frood

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 01:27:56 PM »

i would team up with stalin to beat hitler... not sure how much rope i'll give putin to bomb raqqa

"Oversimplifying greatly, it's as though the US borrowed a pile of money from China in order to fight a war to free up oil supply in Iraq in order that China could become the greatest industrial power the world has ever seen.."
mididoctors
Opening Day Veteran
Hoopy Frood

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 01:30:09 PM »

I think impeaching him will be real hard...

It may be he did nothing himself or even knew wtf was going on..hard to know

Flynn and manafort are lawyering up thou.

Seminole
Master Blaster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 01:53:28 PM »

i would team up with stalin to beat hitler... not sure how much rope i'll give putin to bomb raqqa

As far as bad guys go, Nazis and ISIS really seem neck and neck regarding the degree of brutality they're willing to impart on their subjects.
If ISIS had 1940s German capital behind their efforts this wouldn't be a question, but they still have that 'JV' look to some folks.  Because their capabilities are indeed relatively limited makes them less of a threat, but not really any less evil.

I'm willing to turn a blind eye to it if it stays there, and a blind eye toward Putin helping Assad put a coffin lid on it too.
mididoctors
Opening Day Veteran
Hoopy Frood

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 03:41:10 PM »

As far as bad guys go, Nazis and ISIS really seem neck and neck regarding the degree of brutality they're willing to impart on their subjects.
If ISIS had 1940s German capital behind their efforts this wouldn't be a question, but they still have that 'JV' look to some folks.  Because their capabilities are indeed relatively limited makes them less of a threat, but not really any less evil.

I'm willing to turn a blind eye to it if it stays there, and a blind eye toward Putin helping Assad put a coffin lid on it too.

Well when do we reach the iron curtain moment? because if the WOT goes on forever it would follow its in their interest to keep presenting himself as the bulwark against the infidels.

and manipulating ethnics groups with-in historically anachronistic boundaries is falling off a log for this lot and russias influence in the ME is becoming wider and more manipulative

and this is important..Russia's goals in region do not require stability ie they can achieve wider geopolitical effects by keeping the region unstable which is quite a different prospect from US efforts.

a large group of US opinion have given them a pass for standing up as our defenders against evil...even when faced with the possibility they are actively destabilising your own country (perception not with standing on that i get it people can hink that is bs)

whats to stop them splitting opposition against them by keeping the war in the ME grinding on forever.... this is the whole thing people don't see about how they operate.

both acting in Syria to fight terrorism and acting to keep the war going defends other russian activities and weakens/limits the US options to manoeuvre.

the Russians fight terrorism but it never ends because it inoculates them..i'm seeing somesort of pattern here

what is the purpose of the war for Russian interests?

... but we derail the thread

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length